This document focuses only on information related to the operation of the public websites available at fireflyint.com and fireflyint.com sub-domains (each, a “Site”).
COLLECTION AND USE: Firefly collects information about you through our Sites in several ways. This information is used to provide users with Firefly products and services, to allow us to understand how visitors navigate our Site, and to provide advertising that is relevant to your interests.
Mailing List Information: You may choose to submit your email address via a submission form located on our Site or when you sign up for a Firefly account. Your email address may be used to send you news about Firefly-related services, surveys, products, or promotions. We may use one or more service providers, including to administer these messages, but we do not share your email address with spammers or any other third parties without your permission.
Online Tracking and Your Choices:
Website Use Information: Like many websites, we and our third-party partners analyze log file information and other data collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technology, to collect information about your browsing behavior when you visit our Site, including, for example, your browser type, domains, page views, IP address, referring/exit pages, information about how you interact with our Site’s webpages and with third-party links, traffic and usage trends on the service, etc. We use session cookies to keep you logged in while you use features of our Site; these disappear after you close your browser. We also use persistent cookies, which stay in your browser and allow us to recognize you when you return to the Site. We use this to remember your information so you will not have to re-enter it, to better understand how you use our website and products and services, to diagnose and fix technology problems, and otherwise enhance our Site, products, and services. In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the Site. We track this click-through data to help us measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. We also use third-party analytics tools (including Google Analytics) to assist us with analyzing and improving our service. Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies, but you may be able to change the settings of your browser to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. If you set your browser to reject cookies, parts of our Site may not work for you. Please note, depending on your type of device or browser, it may not be possible to delete or disable all tracking mechanisms on your device.
- Your selection of the “Do Not Track” option provided by your browser may not have any effect on our collection of cookie information for analytic and internal purposes. The only way to completely “opt out” of the collection of any information through cookies or other tracking technology is to actively manage the settings on your browser or mobile device to delete and disable cookies and other tracking/recording tools. (To learn more about cookies, clear gifs/web beacons and related technologies, you may wish to visit allaboutcookies.org).
Minors: Our Site does not knowingly collect or store any personal information about children under the age of 13.
DATA SHARING: Under no circumstance do we share personal information collected from Firefly Web Sites for any commercial or marketing purpose unrelated to the delivery of Firefly Products and services without asking you first. We do not rent or sell our customer lists.
The following are the limited situations where we may share personal information collected from Firefly Web Sites:
- With your permission: We may share personal information when we have your permission.
- For external processing: We have vendors, service providers, and technicians who help with some of our processing and storage, including helping to answer your questions. They may also assist with monitoring our servers for technical problems. These technicians (as well as Firefly employees) can access certain information about you or your account in line with this work but these technicians are not allowed to use this data for non-Firefly purposes.
- For legal reasons: We may provide information to a third party if we believe in good faith that we are required to do so for legal reasons. For example, to respond to legal process, or comply with state and federal laws (or the applicable laws of foreign countries other than the United States).
We may share non-personal information (for example, aggregated or anonymized customer data) publicly and with our partners. We take steps to keep this non-personal information from being associated with you.
Your personal information may be collected, processed, and stored by Firefly or its service providers in the United States and other countries outside the European Union where our servers reside. As a result, your personal information may be subject to legal requirements, including lawful requirements to disclose personal information to government authorities, in those jurisdictions.
SECURITY: Firefly takes security seriously and cares about the integrity of your personal information. We take physical, administrative, and technological measures to transmit and store your data securely. However, Firefly cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat our security measures or use your personal information for improper purposes. If any information under our control is compromised because of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
INTERNATIONAL VISITORS AND DATA TRANSFERS
International Visitors: The Firefly website is hosted in the United States and is intended for United States and Canadian visitors as well as visitors from the United Kingdom, Ireland, France, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Italy, Spain, and the Netherlands. If you are accessing the site from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personal data to the United States and by providing your personal data you agree to that transfer.
International data transfers: When we transfer personal data from the European Economic Area (“EEA”) Switzerland or the United Kingdom (“UK”) to other countries, including to the United States, we use a variety of legal mechanisms to help ensure your data is appropriately protected.
Individual Rights in the European Economic Area: If you are located in the EEA, you may seek confirmation regarding whether Firefly is processing personal information about you, request access to your personal information, and ask that we correct, amend or delete your personal information. In addition, you may object to Firefly’s processing of your personal information at any time. However, doing so may impact your use of Firefly Products and Services.
Applicable law may provide you with the right to request access to, (receive) port, object to or restrict processing, seek rectification or request erasure of personal information held about you by Firefly. To protect your privacy, Firefly will take commercially reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to or making any changes to your personal information.
If the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) applies to your information, we provide these disclosures and the tools described in this policy so you can exercise your rights to receive information about our data practices, as well as to request access to and deletion of your information. These tools allow you to review, update and delete your information, as well as export and download a copy of it. You can also read more about Firefly’s data retention periods, and the process we follow to delete your information.
Firefly does not sell your personal information. We share your information as described in this policy. Firefly processes your information for the purposes described in this policy, which include “business purposes” under the CCPA. These purposes include:
- Offering and improving Firefly Products and Services;
- Developing new products and features;
- Understanding how people use our products and services;
- Performing research that improves our services for our users and benefits the public;
- Protecting against harm to the rights, property, and safety of Firefly, our users, and the public;
- Detecting, preventing, or otherwise addressing fraud, abuse, security, or technical issues with our services;
- Maintaining and improving the integrity of our computing systems, and protecting our users’ data security; and
- Using service providers to perform services on our behalf, in compliance with our privacy policies and other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
If you have additional questions or requests related to your rights under the CCPA, you can contact us as explained below.
Other states or jurisdictions
Residents of certain states, such as Nevada, Colorado, Virginia, Connecticut, and Utah may have additional personal information rights and choices.
Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia, and Utah each provide their state residents with rights to:
- Confirm whether we process their personal information;
- Access and delete certain personal information;
- Data portability; and
- Opt-out of personal data processing for targeted advertising and sales.
Colorado, Connecticut, and Virginia also provide their state residents with rights to:
- Correct inaccuracies in their personal information, considering the information’s nature processing purpose; and
- Opt-out of profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects.
To exercise any of these rights please email [email protected]. To appeal a decision regarding a consumer rights request please contact us as described below and clearly identify that you are appealing such a decision.
Nevada provides its residents with a limited right to opt-out of certain personal information sales. Residents who wish to exercise this sale opt-out right may submit a request to: [email protected]. However, please know we do not currently sell data triggering that statute’s opt-out requirements.
Depending on your location, please be aware that the privacy protections and legal requirements, including the rights of authorities to access your personal information, may vary. If you have additional questions or requests related to your rights under a different jurisdiction’s laws or regulations, you can contact us as explained below.
If you have any questions or requests about your personal data, please contact us at [email protected] or by mail to:
Firefly Integrations, LLC
1013 Elroy Dr
Middlebury, IN 46540